Sunday, July 26, 2009

Nauvoo

A view of the mighty Mississippi - can you believe they crossed this
frozen with nothing but their belongings and their newfound faith?

This is a branding symbol we saw on the door of the blacksmith shop - can you see the C L U F?

Us in front of the Nauvoo Temple. One of the most sacred and beautiful buildings I have ever been to.


Bronze statue of Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum. "In life they were not divided and in death, they were not separated."



Us in front of the bronze statue of Joseph and his wife Emma.




2 comments:

Kristie said...

OH!!! That is the sweetest picture!!!I am SOOOOO glad for all these AWESOME posts!!!! Heaven!!!! I LOVE every one!!!! I love the chairs and the story!! I love the pic of you two in front of the temple!!! Beautiful!!!! We miss you, but this is the next best thing to actually being with you!!! Love You Two!!!

Kimberly said...

Awe Jill, you just have no idea. When I saw this picture I jsust started to cry. I Love You Guys So Much. You guys give me so much hope for married life, some times prople can just be so hateful to the ones that they are sealed to...it husrts my heart. But, seeing this picture.....I just can't tell you guys enough how much
I love you.